Pages

Monday 7 April 2014

You make me Smile!



This card is inspired by Life.Paper.Scrapbook’s March Mood Board, Crabtree & Evelyn Typewriter Project and Just Add Ink # 209 - Just Add......Layers!




I love the colors in the March Mood Board. I adhere the washi tapes on a butter cream panel to bring out the colors. I used mint green chevron, grey gingham, grey & white polka dots, grey horizontal lines, olive green vertical lines and black & white newspaper print washi tapes. For the flowery background, it was inspired by the background shown in Crabtree & Evelyn Typewriter Project photo.

Both photos shared a common element: a typewriter! I must include one in my card. But, I don’t want the typewriter as the main focus. I added a mini typewriter. Can you spot it? Don’t you? It’s on the brad I used! Hehe…

I went for modern vintage. For the layering, it was inspired by Just Add Ink # 209 - Just Add......Layers!

Actually, I included most of the items in the March Mood Board in my card, such as:
  • Typewriter and typewriter key
  • Key and house (I used rub on for the wording ‘key to my heard’ as well as a mini house.)
  • Loves (There is a 4 leaves for the clover and a word 'love' typed at the typewriter in the Mood Board. I included 2 punched loves in my card, as well as a pre-cut love-shaped at the die cut frame )
  • Book (I added patterned papers with book wording prints)
  • Flower (There’s a small little flower at the typewriter shown in the mood board. I ‘enlarged’ the mini flower but ‘minimized’ the typewriter size in my card.)
  • 3 gold rabbits (I changed them to 3 gold pearls.)
  • Kraft twine
  • The sentiment (You make....)


Well, this March Mood Board simply inspired me so much!

I’m entering this card for



Happy Crafting!

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at all those gorgeous layers, and details. This is beautiful, Tee. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous Jay!...Beautiful use of layers and such pretty details. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love all of the different elements and layers you have used! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Just Add Ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful very eclectic layers Tee. I really love how you broke up the sentiment into pieces and have it laid across two photo frames. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the various collage of layers on this beautiful card. Thanks for joining in with this week's challenge over at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the great colour pallet. Vrry pretty with all the layrrs and embellishments. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete