Pages

Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Mini Album: Cards on a Stand - Love

A special friend of mine, Irene is going to visit our host parents in Japan. I think she just touched down Hong Kong and she will be in Japan by tomorrow. My handmade gift to Otosan is on its way to Japan!


Previously, I handmade a mini album with lots of photos about my host parents’ visit’s in Penang. So, what should I make this time? Belated birthday cards? Parents’ Day card? Miss you card? How about all the above? Then, instead of many cards in a box, why not I make multiple cards on a stand just like a table calendar. When their birthdays come, they just flip to the page with birthday wish. When it is mother’s day, they just need to flip to the page with wishes to Mom. Isn’t that cool?

I called this handmade gift ‘Cards on a stand’ with titled ‘LoVe’. I used a clear acrylic ATC stand with 4 chipboard pages that I reluctant to use. There were total 9 pages with a front page. And I had fun playing with the goodies in my Happy Mails from Mei Li Paperie, especially the ephemera, puffy stickers and sequins. Can you spot them all?

Here’s my handmade gift.




The front page: Love

I applied white scrapbook paint to the chipboard to create a clean vintage look. I added puffy ‘Hello’ sticker and sequins. Then, I layered it with butterflies-print screen print. I adhere ‘LoVe’ to the screen print using American Craft’s Doll glitter foam stickers. I just fall in love with the colors used and the outcome.



Page One: Miss You

This page was about we miss our host parents so much! We always thinking of you and we had special delivery from Penang to Japan – our love letter. This page actually was inspired by CASE Study Challenge #196 Pamela Ho’s card.




Instead of city building, I added rub-on houses. And I love the vellum ballons from Crate Paper's Maggie Holmes's Styleboard and the puffy love letter sticker from Pink Paislee's Penpals.

I’m entering this for

Page Two: Otosan, Happy Birthday

My Otosan loved soccer so much! He is still very active in soccer at this age. He’s great!  Just as what stated on the accolade sticker ‘You deserve it’. I didn’t have any embellishment with football print. I replaced it with the circles from Pink Paislee chipboard pops. 2 mini hearts from Chickaniddy were added then.




Page Three: Okasan, Happy Birthday

I was inspired by the photo from Laurel’s Inspired By...#119.





I went with the colors (red and white), vintage, gingham and something in the kitchen. Again, I paint the chipboard with white paint as the base. I had my red & white gingham ribbon and grey & white washi tape. I added doily lace and tea cup chipboard sticker.

I’m entering this for

Page Four: Otosan, Happy Father’s Day

How I get inspired? It’s from Just Add Ink #219 - Just add inspiration. 




I used the colors (black, white, yellow and grey) and the triangles,  as well as the patterns. I added black & white stripes fabric tape. This was inspired by the cushion cover, bedsheet and blanket in the photo.  

I’m entering this for

Page Five: Okasan, Happy Mother’s Day

This page was inspired by the sketch and the inspiration photo from CAS(E) this Sketch #81. 




I punched a scroll pattern border and made it as a pennant. I added gold & transparent diagonal stripes washi tape underneath the pennant. I tied a gold string to the top of the page. Instead of butterfly, I used gold vellum heart. I used gold pearls to create a flower with 7 petals. Nice?

I’m entering this for

Page Six: Birthdays Are The Berry Best

June 15’s Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge is all about Sweet Pea. I didn’t have sweet pea but I made something sweet! I love the color combo in the inspiration photo. 




I stamped mini flowers using lilac, mint, striking pink and light pink. I had three paper flowers from Prima and embellished with pearls. I added White Ellipse Sequins. This page was simple, sweet and cute! This page was for female members in the family.

I’m entering this for

Page Seven: Happy Birthday, Handsome!

Yes, this page was for all the guys in the family. This sketch was from previous Studio Calico’s Sunday Sketch. 




Oh I love the hanger paper clip! I punched and added eyelets to the Chic Tags Mini Icons. Then I tied them up using twine. I loved this cute outcome!

Page Eight and Nine:

I stamped the image of a rose from Papertrey Ink’s sweet life stamps and wrote to-whom and from-whom. I loved the quote about the handmade gift from Waffle Flowers Notions. I used it as my conclusion in the last page.




Here's an overview of the pages.



I'm entering this project for


That’s about my Cards on a Stand. Hope you enjoy! 
Thanks for dropping by! Happy Crafting! 
Feel free to write me some love comments!

19 comments:

  1. What an amazing album! Thanks for playing at Inspired By.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful, from-the-heart, gift for your host parents, Tee! I love how you've drawn inspiration from so many challenges, to create the little cards/pages. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week, and sharing this special creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine! This is my first attempt to create a mini album in such a way! Yes, this is really from-the-heart gift. I just can;t wait for my host parents to receive this gift.

      Delete
  3. Jay, this is really beautiful! Your heartfelt handmade gift will be treasured l'm sure..:0) Such a cool way to combine the challenges too..Love it! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nikki! Yes, this is my heartfelt handmade gift :) I think they will love it and treasure it as what you said. By the way, I never thought of this way to combine challenge before, until this special project. What a new way ... fun and cool!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow this project must have taken some time to create! I really love the thoughtfulness of your gift.
    Your take on the Just Add Ink inspiration photos is fantastic.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Trish! Actually, I get stuck in the beginning but when the inspiration came then things get easy. Yes, it took me 2 to 3 nights to do it as I need to wait for my kids to sleep.

      Delete
  5. This is something really amazing you created... your idea is faboulous! Can i lift you please?
    Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna! Yes, go ahead and lift my idea! I'm proud and happy to have you to love the idea. I'm just the beginner. ;) Looking forward for your creation!

      Delete
  6. Oh my, what a gorgeous gift! You have put so much love and effort into it. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tina! Yes, I really put a lot of love into it. Everything is about love. That is why the album titled LoVe! :-)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  7. What an amazing project Tee. You have created such wonderfully individual pages inspired by the different challenges - such a fun idea.Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim! I really had fun with this project! New way, new fun!

      Delete
  8. This is a fabulous project. I love all your pages. This is definitely going to be cherished. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chantell! I'm thrilled that you love all my pages!

      Delete
  9. Fantastic cards/pages... love the clear base and how each looks different. Thank you for playing along with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monika! I love that too! Thanks for loving my project!

      Delete